What the heck is twitter? Twitter is a way to talk and listen to a variety of people online. Think of it as a cocktail party. You talk to one person, and then move on to someone else. Ok, but how does this help the person looking for a job? Let’s take a look.
1) I started on twitter by signing up for an account (use your real name) and then I started following a few people. This gave me a feel for how people use the allotted 140 characters to make others interested in the ‘tweet’.
2) I decided to start posting but first I determined why I wanted to post. It is important to remember that ANYTHING you post is searchable by an employer. If you think they won’t look or won’t care you are mistaken.
3) There is no need to tweet anything or to follow anything. You can simply search for a company you are interested in or look for people in your industry.
4) Here are resources: an eBook to help you get started, information about #hashtags (search twitter by subject), and 50 twitter tips for job seekers.
5) Twitter is a more sophisticated tool than people realize. The tools for researching companies and people, establishing yourself as an expert and building your network are available to you. If you begin…
Twitter for Beginners – EBook www.CrowInfoDesign.com
50 Twitter Tips for Job Seekers
http://www.mbajobs.net/blog/2009/50-terrific-twitter- tips-for-job- seekers
How to Get the Most Out of Twitter #Hashtags http://mashable.com/2009/05/17/twitter-hashtags/
Fun and Interesting Free/Inexpensive Things to Do in Rochester
If you haven’t driven by Vince Massaro house on the eastside of Rochester (not far from Park Ave.) to see his yard; you are in for a treat. I saw him out working the other day and stopped to say hello and thank him for keeping his yard so interesting. He’s always changing it.