Sometimes it takes me a while. But when I’m crankier (than usual), finding fault in the people I love over small things, am afraid to try new things and so on… I realize that I’m stuck. Here are a few things to think about… You’re not the only person who is stuck, you just need to be brave and reach out to someone else.
Remember, ” When the student is ready, the teacher appears.”
Symptoms of being stuck include, thinking you’re…
- always right
- always wrong
- the only person who has money troubles (really you lived below your means? … hmmm)
- married to/in partnership with the wrong person (without fully examining your part in it)
- in a job that you’re too good for (but you haven’t kept up your skills or networking)
- in a job you hate (but you don’t haven’t even looked for a new job in years)
- unemployed for several months (and still scoff at… social media, networking, building skills) unable to remember the last time you learned something new that took real effort not helping other people
- a drip… you don’t even want to be around yourself
I understand. The reason this post was so easy to write… this is me. But I’ll tell you this…I stopped doing it as soon as I could.
Please tell me, what are you afraid of… go on, explain it to me or someone else. Get unstuck. It feels so good. Take one little step. You can do it!
Photo credit: CHUD.com