Are you ready to get on with the challenges that you face in your life? Your mouth says yes but your attitude and body language are saying no.
Now let me give you and me credit… we are doing a lot of hard stuff, everyday. Good for us. However, we live better than 95% of the people on the planet so let’s get to the heart of the matter. We’re soft.
If we’re soft… then we’re lousy role models and unimaginative workers/parents/business people/community leaders.
So pick one… any one of these and commit to stop doing it— even just for one day… today.
1) Blaming — what difference does it make who’s fault it is? What are you going to do about it? Sticky wicket relationship? I gotta do my part. Change my attitude. I’m not right. Who cares?
2) Judging – focus on yourself. Let others do what they need to. Live and let live.
3) Tilting at Windmills – when I get all upset over something I can’t change… it slowly dawns on me that I am wasting precious energy. I could be laughing. What the heck?
4) Defending – try listening instead.
5) Being afraid. What’s the worst that can happen? I can tell you that many people have lived through MUCH worse. You can do.
Here’s a good article on 10 things to stop doing. I believe in you.